- Fits 2007-2014 AND 2020 Shelby GT500
- 20% more tension than stock
- 60 lb spring
- Reduces belt slip
- Precision machined from Billet Aluminum
- Doesn't crack and fail like the stock tensioner in high boost applications
- Includes 58 mm x 1.5" wide billet-aluminum idler for use with 15% and 20% over drive balancer rings
- Included Billet idler with HD bearing is half the weight of the stock idler
- The higher tension and lighter moment of intertia allows the tensioner to control the belt better during burnouts and shifts reducing slip on the supercharger pulley and improves belt life
Belt slip issues on your 2007-2014 Shelby GT500 are no longer a concern with the VMP Heavy Duty Tensioner!
As GT500s get older, factory tensioners become inconsistent in their stiffness and ability to control the belt. This stiffness keeps the stock tensioner from acting quick enough in high-powered applications causing the factory belt to slip, jump, and snap.
Fabricated of Billet Aluminum and precision machined for the '07-'14 GT500, the VMP Heavy Duty Tensioner is strong, durable, and eliminates the issues associated with the stock tensioner.